Dieting and wellness has never been more popular. As our lives are becoming increasingly busier with work, socialising and everything in between, it is becoming harder and harder to maintain a healthy and energy-rich eating regime. So, we reached out to Blue Barn Kitchen to find some meals that fell into three categories.
- Quick and easy to make;
- Full of flavour and tastes great;
- Packed with energy boosting ingredients;
Beth from BBK kindly put together a selection of recipes for us to choose from and here they are.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces flatbread or pita, warmed/toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. With a large spoon scoop the inside of the avocado into a bowl. Add the lime juice and salt. Mash with a fork until smooth, taste and set aside.
- Spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture onto each warmed piece pita.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry eggs to desired doneness and place one on top of each pizza. Serve immediately.
Breakfast Spinach Taco
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas, (corn for GF)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- beans, (optional)
- jalapeños, (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper, set aside. Heat ½ tsp olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add eggs; stirring until set about 1-2 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, slice the 1/2 pitted avocado into lengthwise.
- To assemble the taco, place ½ the spinach and divided eggs between the tortillas. Then top with the sliced avocado and your choice of toppings to finish off the dish; add beans for fibre and jalapeños for some heat.
simple soba noodle soup
What is your favourite meal that gets you through the day? Let us know in the comments box below.